Saturday, November 19, 2011

My first fondant cake



The cake pictured above is what started it all! I took my very first baking class (Intro to Fondant) at Baking Arts with my mothers group and loved it. Since the main lesson is how to work with fondant, this is a frosted pre-baked yellow cake.. All we had to do is cover and decorate it with fondant. You see, we have a love/hate relationship, fondant and I. It's very difficult to work with (to me anyway). You have to knead it to a workable consistency, handle it too much and it gets too soft, roll it too thin it rips and it's sticky. I can't tell you how many times I've given up on fondant. But boy when it works with you, it makes for one beautiful cake! So for all of you amateur bakers like myself, let's keep working at it!Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment