Monday, July 22, 2013

Damask and Red Sugar Roses Cake

I'm in love with this cake! I've seen this cake design recreated by numerous cake artists so I'm not sure who to give credit to. But one cake artist that I truly admire is Leslea Matsis! I absolutely love her sugar flowers most especially her sugar roses. I aspire to be as good as her one day. With that said here is the version I created this past weekend...


The shade of red is created using Americolor Red Red and a hint of black. I don't know how much color I used but I added the color until it is to my liking. One thing to remember is that dark rich colors is lighter when it's dry. So when you think you've achieved the desired color make it a shade or two darker than you want. The picture below is the true color of the sugar roses and NO photo filter was used.

It also looks beautiful on a single tier cake.

This by far my favorite cake! It's classic and romantic. The sugar roses just take my breath away...





No comments:

Post a Comment