Sunday, September 1, 2013

Brush Embroidery and Sugar Peony Cake

I absolutely loved making this Peony! This is my first successful wired sugar Peony thanks to the godfather of sugar flowers Nicholas Lodge. Every sugar flower artist knows how valuable it is to use good quality gumpaste. His recipe makes a world of a difference. I'm able to roll the the gumpaste quite thinly without tearing. I used Satin Ice before and was always unsuccessful with wired petals. I'm never going back to commercially made gumpaste. Thanks Nicholas Lodge!


Last time I used brush embroidery technique was over a year ago when I just started cake decorating. So rusty at it and I had to it over a handful of times. I definitely need to practice my piping skills. Overall, this cake turned out beautifully!

No comments:

Post a Comment