Monday, April 30, 2012

Wow Wow Wubbzy Cake

It's always very humbling to receive a cake order. It's exciting and it gives me an opportunity to practice my skills. I was nervous about making this cake because first, I had no idea who Wow Wow Wubbzy is (my son is a total Sprout Channel addict and we're unfamiliar with Nickelodeon characters) and second, my customer is no cake dummy! She knows her cakes well for she is a very loyal customer of one of the best cake artist I know Pastrychik www.pastrychik.blogspot.com So when she requested a cake my first thought was "Dont' screw up!". I did my research and what a cute character Wubbzy is!


It was unusually warm in San Francisco when this cake was made. The heat made it so much more difficult to cover the cakes. The buttercream started to melt once I took it out of the fridge and the fondant became too soft and sticky to handle. Once the cakes were covered I couldn't make it as smooth or clean as I'd like.

Wubbzy was cut by hand. It's made of gumpaste and stands on a rice krispy treat ball. It's really unfortunate that I had not taken a better picture of this cake. It really looks so much better in person. I received great feedback from my lovely customer making the sleepless nights so worthwhile. 


No comments:

Post a Comment