Saturday, April 21, 2012

What a great year!

A year ago today I took my very first baking class. Little did I know that it will forever change me. I was never creative nor artistic, hell I can only draw stick figures. Cake decorating & baking introduced me to a whole new world full of possibilities! In it I'm happy, the only kind of happiness that people experience when they're doing something they love. In this world, I'm at peace, inspired and free.

There are so many amazing decorators and I can only hope to be as good as them one day. And without culinary training it's like doing it blindfolded. There's a LOT to learn and I've barely touched the surface. However, with generous people willing to share their knowledge I'm slowly finding my way. I learned that if you want to find out how it's done, you just have to do it yourself and practice, practice, practice!

I take pride on everything I make. But these creations are the ones that I'm most proud of and made me say "I can't believe I did that".

Scrollwork Cake

My first sugar flowers

Hydrangea Dress Cake

Single Peony topper cake

49ERS Helmet Cake

What a year it's been! I'm proud of myself with what I've accomplished in a year. I seriously do surprise myself sometimes. With each creation my confidence grows. I can't wait to find out what's in store for me this coming year...

Lastly, I would like to thank my family and friends for their continued support. All your Facebook "Likes" and comments motivate me. My 2 biggest fans...my husband and my son. I love you both and thank you for EVERYTHING!





No comments:

Post a Comment